Sports

Astros cancel another MLB workout amid coronavirus worry

Astros cancel another MLB workout amid coronavirus worry

The Houston Astros cancelled their workout Saturday after a staff member “was potentially exposed” to a person who has contracted the coronavirus, marking the second time in the past week that the team has had to shut down its facility.

The team described the decision as a precautionary measure.

“As part of MLB’s testing and reporting plan, we were alerted that a staff member was potentially exposed to a COVID-positive individual outside the organization,” general manager James Click said in a statement. “We are working closely with MLB and our team physicians to follow the established testing and cleaning protocols so that we can safely bring our players and staff back to the field as soon as possible.”

On July 6, the Astros, along with the Nationals and Cardinals, cancelled team workouts, as the three teams were awaiting coronavirus test results which had been unexpectedly delayed. Afterward, Click said that he was “optimistic that this process will be ironed out and we’ll be back on the field and ready to compete for a championship soon.”

MLB is scheduled to begin its season July 23, with the Yankees taking on the Nationals in Washington.

About the author

Evan Lewis

Evan Lewis

With a knack for storytelling, Evan started News Brig about a year ago. Covering substantial topics under the Sports,, he helps information seep in deeper with creative writing and content management skills.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News