Crews beat down fire after Kitchen catches fire at Texas Roadhouse in Darmouth

The Dartmouth Fire Department this morning responded to a fire at the Texas Roadhouse on Faunce Corner Road. The fire was reported sometime around 9:00 a.m. and the smoky blaze was under control before 10 a.m., according to unofficial reports.

Scanner traffic indicates a flash fire in the restaurant’s grill area extended inside the walls and into the roof and attic space of the steakhouse restaurant. Crews reportedly remained on scene to tend to remaining hot spots.

First crews on scene encountered flames on parts of the roof where there was stove piping as well as a flash fire from one of the stoves.

“Right now, our opinion is that there was a grease fire up inside the duct and that grease fire ignited with components of the roofing system,” Arruda said.

Crews from Fire District 2 also responded to the scene out of an abundance of caution.

It took firefighters around 30 minutes to get the fire under control.

Arruda said there was significant damage to the roof and that the building would have to be shut down for some time.

“They’ve got a lot of work they can do before they reopen,” he said.

Several restaurant workers were evacuated from the building during the incident.

There were no injuries reported, Arruda said.