A person of interest in the string of attacks on a Manhattan gay bar was taken into custody Tuesday, police said.
He has yet to be identified but is expected to be charged with criminal mischief, law enforcement sources said.
Police on Monday released photos and video of the suspect wanted for allegedly hitting Hell’s Kitchen spot, VERS, at least three times in recent weeks.
The latest, a caught-on-video brick-hurling attack, came Saturday. Video provided to The Post shows the suspect approaching the bar around 10 p.m. and hurling a brick while patrons were sitting behind the glass.
The customers were not injured, thanks to the shatterproof installed by owner David DeParolesa — who said it was a precaution against anti-gay attacks.
DeParolesa said it was the fourth time the bar has been targetted by “unnerving” attacks.
The attack came on the same night that five people were gunned down and more than two dozen others were wounded in a mass shooting at a Colorado Springs LGBTQ nightclub.
In the New York City attack, it is unclear if the same suspect was involved in the earlier attacks as well, but DeParolesa said they have all been similar.
VERS was opened earlier this year, and DeParolesa said the attacks won’t stop him from opening the bar at 5 p.m. Sunday “like always.”