General News

Teens charged with attempted murder freed without bail: sources

Teens charged with attempted murder freed without bail: sources

Two teens who were hit with attempted murder charges for allegedly shooting a man last week were cut loose without bail at their arraignments in Queens Criminal Court, sources said.

The suspects, a 16- and 17-year-old, were busted after one of them allegedly shot a 45-year-old man in the thigh at the Pergola Hotel in Jamaica at about 4:30 p.m. last Thursday, the sources said.

The teens had gotten into a fight with the man, and the 16-year-old allegedly passed a handgun to the 17-year-old, who is accused of blasting the victim once in the thigh, according to sources.

Nearby patrol cops received a shotspotter notification about the shooting and arrested the two teens after responding to the hotel, the sources said.

The cops recovered a handgun and found a magazine in one teen’s pocket. The suspects were also identified by witnesses, according to sources.

Both were hit with attempted murder, assault and criminal possession of a weapon charges — but were cut loose without bail after their arraignments on April 16 in Queens Criminal Court, the sources said.

Exterior view of Queens Criminal Court
Queens Criminal Court
Google Maps

A spokesperson for the Queens District Attorney’s Office said they could not provide information about the charges because the pair were tried as juveniles.

The victim was treated for non-life-threatening injuries at Jamaica Hospital after the shooting.

About the author

Evan Lewis

With a knack for storytelling, Evan started News Brig about a year ago. Covering substantial topics under the Sports,, he helps information seep in deeper with creative writing and content management skills.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *